Sunday, April 7, 2013

20% Project

So I have a mash currently fermenting. . .so far at 3.9% apv (alcohol per volume).  If anybody is interested, the flavor combination (it's a cider) is acai, blueberry, pomegranate, almond, honey, sage, and thyme.  I am planning at least two to three more brews, possibly 4.  Depends on supply procurement, and yeast supplies. I will need more buckets because of the time required.  I will bring samples for tasting of the different ciders that I have ready for tasting for the field testing day probably.  The next flavor blends I am planning are:
Candied Apple (apple with cocoa powder, maybe nutmeg), Buster (named for my dog, will be either strawberry-lime or raspberry-lime), Capone (named for a friend's dog, mango-peach-strawberry), Tikal (a Classic Mayan city and one of the major power centers, aloe and agave, possibly with cinnamon).  Any flavor suggestions are much appreciated!  I will post a picture of the mash fermenting tomorrow night.  There are a lot of different substances involved in cidermaking.  It's not just the yeast!

No comments:

Post a Comment