Sunday, March 24, 2013

PLN Reflection

READ:  I am somewhere between "Between Two Worlds" and "In the Matrix" on this one.  I read articles on CNN almost everyday and sometimes go to news.google.com.  I don't generally collect things using an rss aggregator to collect news stories.  I use tweetdeck, but I only check it sporadically.  I love being able to read books on my Kindle.

TWEET:  I check my feed quite often and retweet meaningful tweets and good quotes.  I am not as prolific as some of my colleagues at tweeting educational articles and such, but I will get better at that.  I don't check tweetdeck as often as I should.

ARCHIVING/BOOKMARKING:  In creating my annotated bibliography for my action research, I have made use of Diigo to archive the papers and websites I wanted to use for later reference.  I have not done much cross-sharing, but I will do more.

WRITING: My blogging so far has been exploring my own writings and making use of tools such as Wordle.  I need to comment more on my colleague's blogs, I know that.  Looking at my colleagues' blogs, I also have noticed that I should also be writing more professional and less whimsical entries.  \

COMMENT:  As I said above, I need to comment more on my colleagues' blogs.  I do respond as quickly and professional as possible to inquiries in response ot my blog entries.

GROW/SHARE:  I have shared freinds' blogs, I have grown my number of followers on twitter.  I try to blog at least once a week, but I tweet rather sporadically.  I love looking into different tools and using them.  I have Dropbox across my computer, my phone, and the cloud which I love to make use of it.  Word clouds are exciting and the myriad presentation media are intriguing as possibilities in my classroom.

MY PLAN:  I am going to make a point to check Tweetdeck at least once daily and repost from one of the educational hashtags I follow daily.  I am going to check educational and mathematical journals and such at least weekly and Diigo interesting articles and papers.  I will comment on at least 3 of my colleagues' blog entries every week.  I also have a growing network of friends that is already a good size on Linkedin, and I maintain a fairly profession, if left-leaning, presence on Facebook.  I have friends across the community, from my dentist to my rabbi and parents from my placement last semester to professors from my undergraduate studies.  As I have grown and gotten more professional connections on Facebook, I have matured my presence there, leaving behind less appropriate things and being very selective about what I share and post.  I do the same on Twitter.  I had an active presence with my sixth graders on Edmodo last semester, and really like the service.  I have tried as I become more mature to do the same to my web presence. I put a lot of plan type things up in each section of this entry as well as here, and I know what I need to improve on.  I will improve, and I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment